XCOM the Board Game
Where others have failed, you must succeed.
In XCOM: The Board Game, the alien invasion has begun. Early encounters have only served to prove that the world’s militaries are hopelessly outgunned. Panic leads to riots, and governments struggle to maintain any control. Human civilization is on the brink of collapse…
XCOM Humanity's only hope
As the department heads of XCOM, you and your friends must succeed where the world’s militaries have failed. You lead the elite members of an international, military organization, which is funded by a secret coalition. It is your job to destroy UFOs, research alien technology, uncover the alien invasion plan, and find some way to turn back the alien invaders. You must do this all while preventing the collapse of the governments that secretly fund your organization, and you must do it quickly. You do not have the luxury of time.
Innovative cooperative play
Each game of XCOM: The Board Game requires the cooperation of XCOM’s four department heads: Commander, Chief Scientist, Central Officer, and Squad Leader. Whether you play the game solo, with one friend, or with three, you must always include all four roles. Each department head manages a specific set of responsibilities, and each is vital to the world’s defence.
To Confront an Unknown Enemy, You Must Enhance Your Troops.
While you and your friends immerse yourselves into your roles as XCOM department heads, the alien invasion continues to escalate. XCOM: The Board Game incorporates the use of a free digital companion app, which you can either download or access online. By coordinating alien activities in real-time, this companion app heightens the game’s dramatic tension and its immersive qualities.
Dynamic turn structure
Each round, the app tracks the time you have allotted to respond to each task, forcing you to think quickly, even as you must carefully measure the strategic implications of your decisions. However, the app does far more than track time. Its design is integrated deep into gameplay, and it permits both a mutable alien invasion plan and a dynamic turn structure.
A Desperate War Requires You to Make Difficult Decisions
While humanity stands upon the verge of collapse, you have no room for failure. Once you formulate your response to the alien invasion, you must engage the enemy in an untimed resolution phase. Here, the push-your-luck dice rolling system in XCOM: The Board Game reflects the peril of your situation. Whether you’re resolving your base defense, attacking UFOs, or pulling all-nighters in the lab to upgrade your tech, you’ll need to succeed at a number of dice rolls.
- Allows players to immerse themselves deep into the dramatic tension at the core of XCOM: The Board Game
- Allows for a challenging cooperative (or solo) experience like no other.
- App enhanced rules help to streamline the game play and get players playing quicker.
- Controls the flow of information that your satellites provide you, and tracks the progress of your resistance efforts.
- Allows for a uniquely dynamic turn structure and three different difficulty levels.
- A co-operative board game of global defense for 1-4 players based on the award-winning video game, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- A free and innovative digital app coordinates the escalating alien invasion, teaches you the game, and serves as your rules reference
- Players assume four distinct roles, each of which is vital to XCOM's success: Commander, Chief Scientist, Central Ofﬂcer, and Squad Leader
- A push-your-luck dice mechanic partners with the use of the app to heighten the game's tension and drama
- Includes sixteen sculpted XCOM soldiers, eight Interceptors, and twenty-four UFOs