CARBY for GameCube (Offer: £5 off)
Updated model with v3 firmware
Please note you will need a CR2032 battery for the remote as they are removed before being shipped to us due to custom import laws.
The GameCube had an amazing library of games such as Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion & Smash Bros Melee. These games deserve to be played lag-free & in stunning clarity on a modern television.
Let us introduce the CARBY V3! This little device allows you to play your games in 480p on any HD television.
CARBY is a digital audio/video adapter for your Nintendo GameCube. It will take the digital signal from your GameCube digital port and convert it to a pure digital and audio stream compatible with most modern HD televisions.
Please note the following before purchase:
-CARBY is only compatible with the model DOL-001 GC which has the digital port seen here, please confirm your version prior to purchase
Carby, A Major Boost for Your Gamecube! (Available in Black or Clear with remote)
Just a few of its great features:
- Precision molded, metal shielded digital connector crafted to exact OEM specifications, provides an ultra-secure interface with your GameCube
- Analog output remains open and active for additional sound and video options
- Completely digital audio and video interface for amazingly clear and precise 480p video and stereo sound
- Pre-programmed remote control is included
- This device is powered by GC Video-DVI with custom firmware version 2.4d-2 which was designed by Ingo Korb and is used with permission under an open source copyright
- 1 year limited warranty
We apologize for any misunderstanding but the Carby does not come with an HDMI cable. There is an error on the included instruction sheet which refers to an included cable. However this is an error and was based on an early build. We apologize for this misprint, but we can assure you that all marketing materials and descriptions presented to you at the time of purchase specifically stated that the Carby and a remote would be included. For that reason we can safely say that no one was told that an HDMI cable was included at the time of purchase. Unfortunately, the removal of the HDMI cable was required due to significantly increased production costs. When discussed among the team members and resellers it was felt that this was preferable to increasing the price as most customers have HDMI cables available to them. We are sorry for the misprint on the included instructions and will be changing that as soon as possible.
Carby Firware Update Via JTAG
- CONN 3 is the JTAG Header and can be used to update the FPGA.
- The table below lists the pin signals, use this guide the connections to the JTAG programmer.
Pin Signal 1 3.3V 2 GND 3 TCLK 4 TDO 5 TDI 6 TMS
- The Xilinx Platform Cable USB programmer was used for this example. The USB II is also a valid option.
he Steps: iMPACT Options
- When iMPACT is opened you will be asked “Automatically create and Save Project? No
- New Impact Project?” No
- The New Impact Project Window will appear.
- Navigate to where you saved the carby_FW2_4b.ipf file
- Right click on the FLASH icon and select Program
- The update usually takes about 30 seconds
- When done you should see the program succeeded message
Reviews & Videos
Customer Video Review
*There will be a limited warranty protecting your purchase against manufacturing defects for one year; however damage caused by user modification of the device including reprogramming the firm ware will void the warranty
We Also Recommend
EON Super 64 plug-and-play HD Out adapter for the Nintendo 64 (PAL)
EON Super 64 plug-and-play HD Out adapter for the Nintendo 64 (NTSC)