This amazing device allows you to back-up all your original SNES game cartridges (roms) onto a SD card and plug into the SD2SNES. This allows you to prevent any wear and tear to your original SNES cartridges and allows you to play all your games using this one cartridge.
- SD/SDHC/SDXC support (tested up to 64GB; no exFAT support so SDXC cards must be reformatted using FAT32)
- High quality push-push memory card slot
- Fast ROM loading (~9MB/s)
- Fast menu navigation
- Directories are sorted automatically, no need for FAT sorting tools
- High resolution menu (512×224) for adequate display of long file names
- Real Time Clock
- Supports ROM size up to 128MBit (96Mbit actually implemented)
- Automatic near-time SRAM saving to SD Card (while the game runs). Some limitations apply:
- near-time saving is switched to periodic saving when a game is found to use the SRAM as work RAM.
- Automatic saving is disabled when MSU1 is used. SRAM is saved on reset.
- Enhancement chip support (see below for implementation status)
- SuperCIC key (SNES CIC clone):
- enables operation on unmodified consoles of all regions
- supports software 50/60Hz switching on SuperCIC enhanced consoles only (to be performed by sd2snes firmware, not yet implemented there)
- Auto region patching: eliminates “This Game Pak is not designed…” messages regardless of 50/60Hz setting
|Memory Type||8MB Flash ROM||16MB Flash ROM|
|Instant Loading Games||NO||YES|
|MAX ROM Sixe||7MB||12MB|
|MAX Supported SD Cards||32GB||64GB|
|Auto Region Patching||NO||YES|
|Real Time Clock||NO||YES|
|Super FX2 Chip||NO||NO|
Cartridge uses custom made multi region shell. It fits in both american and euro/jap systems.
EverDrive Packaging Video: